Virtuoso has named its top travel advisors, agencies and partners of 2018. The global luxury travel network distributed the awards to over 3,000 luxury Travel actors at a gala on August 16 that program was hosted by Virtuoso Travel Week, held in Las Vegas at Bellagio Resort & Casino, ARIA Resort & Casino and Vdara Hotel & Spa. The program was hosted by Virtuoso Chairman and CEO Matthew D. Upchurch, SVP of marketing Terrie Hansen and SVP of global member partnerships David Kolner.
Winches are selected by popular vote among people in the travel industry. Virtuoso's preferred partners vote for agencies and advisors, and travel agency members select the winning partners.
The 2018 Virtuoso Award winners are:
Agency / Advisor Awards (as voted by partners)
- Most Hospitable Agency – US / Canada: SmartFlyer
- Most Innovative Advisor – US / Canada: John Oberacker, Montecito Village Travel
- Virtuoso Rising Star – US / Canada: Blaine Horton, Accomplished Traveler
- Most Admired Advisor – Asia / Pacific: Brent Wallace, SmartFlyer Australia
- Most Admired Advisor – Europe / Middle East / Africa: Alfonso Caballero Comendador, Beyond Travelers Ltd.
- Most Admired Advisor – Latin America / Caribbean: Tomas Perez, Teresa Perez Tours
- Most Admired Advisor – Canada: Andrew Grove, Vision Voyages
- Most Admired Advisor – US: Marlene Singer, Lake Shore Travel
Partner Awards (as voted by members)
- Airline of the Year: Emirates
- Service Partner of the Year: Travelex Insurance Services
- Sustainable Tourism Leadership – Partner: Lindblad Expeditions
- Cruise Line of the Year: Crystal Cruises
As well, Virtuoso revealed this year's exceptional cruise performers at a reception August 14:
- Top Producer – Virtuoso Voyages: Ralph Bias, Amazing Cruises, Inc.
- Virtuoso Rising Star – Cruise: Isabela Arellano, Coastline Travel Advisors
- Most Innovative Advisor – Cruise Sales: Anne Scully, McCabe World Travel, Inc.
- Virtuoso Cruise Ambassador of the Year – Member: Marni Becker, Protravel International – New York
- Virtuoso Cruise Ambassador of the Year – Partner: Gary Murphy, AmaWaterways
This story originally appeared on www.travelagentcentral.com .